Sep 25, 2008

speaking off-the-cuff: the really "competitive, scary thing"

I'm not blogging this from a political perspective--I'm exhausted by this year's election marathon, and am saving my energy for more important things, like finishing up my $700 billion bailout plan that promises to put America's banks, lending houses, and realtors on steadier footing, and I'm not going to say too much about it, except that it involves Donald Trump, Bill O'Reilly, and a cross-country death race--so I'm approaching this purely from a speech coach's standpoint.

This is the worst impromptu speech I've ever heard.
Sure, it's more coherent than "U.S. Americans," but the potential importance of the source determines the ranking.



[Thanks to Jason Kuznicki]

Added: Christopher Beam's advice is quite good.

No comments: