Jun 25, 2008

Psalm 139:13-16, the Albert Mohler translation

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I suppose you could consider yourself largely responsible
for the way I would've turned out
had no one intervened.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your basic blueprint, plus a little medical tinkering.
Your works are wonderful,
mostly.

My frame was not hidden from you
when I was woven together in the secret place.
After I was stitched up in the operating room,
your eyes saw my reformed body.

All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be--

but I guess my parents tore out a few pages.






[Inspired by Jason Kuznicki. For those lacking the satire gene, Albert Mohler did not write this. He wrote something else.]

1 comment:

Bill said...

It's always good to get a sort-of Biblical perspective. The days ordained for me...medicine has radically changed this conception of life already.

It's funny that Mohler makes the point that there is no "incontrovertible proof" that homosexuality has a biological basis but his whole piece is based on what can be done to change your child's sexual orientation if it is proven.

By Mohler's logic, wouldn't it encourage homosexuals to be more morally responsible if their parents did not change their sexual orientation in utero, thereby forcing them to exercise their moral choice to avoid succumbing to temptation?