Apr 30, 2008

a new face after all: Allen Miller throws hat in OSD ring

Turns out I got a premature report from the ESD yesterday; The Olympian says that Allen Miller, a local attorney, has jumped out of the seats and into the ring.
Miller has a long list of civic activities, including past campaign chairman and past president of the United Way of Thurston County, a school board member of St. Michael School, Olympia Planning Commissioner, and board member of the Olympia-Yashiro Sister City Association, South Sound YMCA and other organizations.

Miller said his experience with mediation could be an asset on the board.

"I'm an attorney and I've been involved in arbitration, and I've been a mediator and arbitrator," he said.

"I try to bring people together, and I've been able to look at all sides."
The ESD 113 Board meets at noon on Wednesday, May 14 to interview Miller and the other existing candidates.

So... any new conspiracy theories? Did Miller once knit a scarf for Bill Brumsickle's Christmas stocking?

No comments: