Dec 15, 2007

Pettitte speaks

JIM ANDERSON
CORRUGATED TIMES-DISPATCH
NEW YORK -- Today Andy Pettitte acknowledged that he might have played a role in his own involvement in the scandalous findings of the Mitchell Report, if the news is to be trusted and if the interpretation of the findings is, in point of fact, correct, all things considered.

"If what I did was an error in judgment on my part, I apologize," Pettitte said Saturday in a statement released by his agent. "I accept responsibility for those two days."

"I can't say this myself--I mean, who am I to speak on behalf of me?" Pettitte's agent translated via email from Latin, the phenom's preferred language in a time of crisis. "But if what I might have done in those mysterious moments which will forever remain enshrouded in mystery--what conceivably could have been the actions I engaged in, if those actions were objectionable to any parties concerned--to those persons or entities I offer sincere apologies for having had to cause so much pain by apologizing."

Pettitte offered to meet with Pat Robertson and discuss the status of his apology.

No comments: