Dec 17, 2007

oh Hotmail, where art thou?

Yes, I'm one of those 20th-century Hotmail users still using. Maybe not for long, though. I wonder if my account's been hacked: I get a weird message when I try to log in. It appears that everything's working as I enter my username and password--but then the site tries to access login.live.com and account.live.com ten or fifteen times in rapid succession, and then this pops up:
The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:


* This site may be experiencing a problem
* The site may not be a member of the Windows Live Network

You can:

* You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Windows Live Network, or try again later at this site.
I've tried different computers and different browsers. I'm going to try a different ISP next, and see if that's where the problem lies. MSN says there are no network errors, so I wonder if it's just me suffering at the hands of some soda-swilling hacker.

Update: It might have something to do with my mandatory 72-day password change. Still awaiting official word from Microsoft; the robo-mail was prompt, but, well, robotic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get the account before the switch from hotmail to live-mail? If so, try making a new windows live mail account. (As long as you can log into the other mail at least once, you can set up some auto-forwarding and reply-too adresses and import contacts so the switch isn't too hard.)

I now I may be a not-as-humble-as-i-should-be freshman debate n00b, but I hope the fact both my parents have doctorates in electrical engineering (PHDs in nerdom essentually; we are an interesting family) qualifies me to at least amke a suggestion or two.

-LD n00b

Jim Anderson said...

I'm thinking about making the switch, if it's as easy as you make it sound. I never got an email from the gurus, but my accounts are working right now. For now.