Nov 26, 2006

Adam Morrison and J.J. Redick Watch: Day 26

Big day for J.J.: his first NBA action. Redick scored 2 points in Orlando's victory, more than Charley Rosen ever did. The Roanoke Times reports,
Redick’s debut came in the 14th game of the Magic’s season. Redick, who has been frustrated by his lack of playing time, played the final 3:27 of Saturday’s game.

“It was definitely good to get on the court and play a little bit. I guess officially I’m an NBA player now,” Redick said with a smile after the game. “At this point in time, I’ll take whatever I can get. I’ll just keep working hard and hopefully I’ll play meaningful minutes at some point in time.”

With Orlando (10-4) up by 22 points with 11:18 to go, the crowd chanted, “We want J.J.”

The crowd stood and roared when Redick finally entered the game with Orlando up 92-72.

Redick took his first shot with 2:20 to go and buried the 22-foot jumper for his first NBA basket. He later missed a 3-pointer.
Big day for Adam, too, in the Bobcats' loss to the Heat: he put up 27 (10 in junk time), saying, "I know I can play in this league. I know I can succeed in this league if I do it the right way. Once the shots start falling, I'll feel a lot more comfortable offensively. But I know I belong out there."

Charley Rosen was unavailable for comment.

No comments: