May 23, 2006

Work to the Contract Day and Wellness Walk

Education, like politics, is local. Local teachers are going to enjoy two celebrations tomorrow: first, Work to the Contract Day, and second, a Wellness Walk to the Knox Building tomorrow--that's the district office, if you're unfamiliar. WttCD is all about reminding people that much of a teacher's work is done after the bells go silent and the halls darken. The Walk is a spirited, healthy, nonthreatening way to say "Hey, District, how about reasonable compensation for extra work?"

The Olympian calls it a "protest." There'll be no guns, and no daisies-in-guns, though, promise.

Now you know where I'll be tomorrow afternoon.

2 comments:

TeacherRefPoet said...

Good luck. I've got your back.

Jim Anderson said...

trp, didn't even have to tell me. Thanks.

bmg, I know. In fact, I'm going to roll to the protest in my Bentley, sipping a scotch while doubling my Microsoft holdings. Jeeves can carry my sign.