Apr 25, 2006

fried sage leaves and a game-winning single

For my lovely wife's smerzhenerth birthday last night, we dined at Marco's Supperclub in Belltown, feasting on the weirdest and most strangely addictive appetizer ever invented, and then hopped over to Safeco to watch the Mariners win a game they really, really needed to win, even if it took extra innings, an unlikely hero, and phenomenal pinch-running by Willie Bloomquist. (Curse you, Seattle pseudofans, you late-inning leavers and sitter-downers. Stay. Stand up and cheer.)

This morning I am exhausted and hoarse. I love you, Melissa.

2 comments:

TeacherRefPoet said...

I will never leave early. But I prefer to stay seated until it really, really, really matters (like every three games or so).

helmut said...

Fried sage is great on pumpkin soup with a bit of sauteed shallots on top.