Mar 16, 2006

obligatory NCAA bracket blogging

Five brackets, composed in twenty minutes on ESPN's site just before the opening tip. Intuition? Nah. Randomness, mostly. I use a coin flip to decide when I can't. So far I'm faring badly, but at least there's no money at stake.

Last year's bracket champion correctly predicted 55 games. I'd have to win every upcoming matchup to get 56 and a shot at the title.

Nevada, Oklahoma, and NC Wilmington have failed me in my best bracket, Anderson 2.

My wife and I spent Happy Hour at Brewery City Pizza, watching the Gonzaga Bulldogs get beat up by Xavier for the first two thirds of the game. "We should go," I told her, after I had stalled as long as I could after the check came. "If I watch, they lose. If I leave, they win." ("They" are Gonzaga, the team I root for, no reason.)

I left.

They won.

No comments: