Mar 23, 2006

obligatory NCAA bracket blogging IV

In honor of tonight's fourth annual Improv Show, I'll describe today's picks to the tune of "The Irish Quaffing Song." In the neighborhood of C...

LSU meets Duke today;
I picked the Devils blue.
Although sometimes I wish I'd rather
Gone with LSU.

Redick's lookin' pretty tough
But upset's in the breeze.
All in all I'm glad I haven't
Gambled any cheese.

(Oh, idy-didy-didy-didy-didy-didy-dy.)

The Mountaineers and Longhorns:
I picked 'em both to win.
But sadly only one of them
Will punch their ticket in.

I'm pretty sure the Texas squad
Will take care of Pittsnogle,
For since I picked the boys in orange
Dub-V will be Horn-swoggled.

(Oh, idy-didy-didy-didy-didy-didy-dy.)

Memphis takes on Bradley
'Cause Bradley took out Pitt.
And now the lowest seed is sure
To give the Tigs a fit.

I've pinned my hopes to Memphis,
To championship they'll cruise,
To face the UConn Huskies there
And there to promptly lose.

(Oh, idy-didy-didy-didy-didy-didy-dy.)

Last, not least, the Bulldogs
And Bruins get to brawl.
The Bruins have a fearsome front
And hope to win it all.

But Mark Few is a genius,
Batista boards can crash,
Mallon scores by hiding
Behind Morrison's moustache!

(Oh, idy-didy-didy-didy-dideee-dideee-dyyyyyy....)


Update: Memphis, no surprise. Damn you, Duke. And did you SEE the Texas game? (I didn't, until the improv show--which rocked, incidentally--was over.) A three to tie, and a buzzer-beating three to win. Sorry, Pittsnogle! And did you SEE the Gonzaga game?!! Crazy night for basketball. Damn you, too, Zags, another classic choke. Ah well.

No comments: