Mar 16, 2006

I'm short. it's my birthday.

Thanks to my brother for kind words. (He neglected to mention that I'm also a debate coach, which is why I can't enjoy my birthday too much, in between writing sub plans and making last-minute calls before tomorrow and Saturday's state Student Congress meet.)

The real celebration won't take place until Saturday evening and Saturday next, where the two sides of the family will host respective felicitations for four March babies, three on my side, one on my wife's. Just in time for a bizarre stomach upset to come and go--I wasn't looking forward to passing on my mom's famed Nanaimo bars.

When the debate season is over, normalesque blogging will resume. Promise.

6 comments:

char said...

happy birthday! really enjoy your blog.. and as for sudoku.. haha have you tried the world championship sample questions yet?

http://www.wsc2006.com/pdf/booklet_int.pdf

Jim Anderson said...

It seems my blog is read exclusively by enablers!

TeacherRefPoet said...

Happy birthday.

Jim Anderson said...

Thank you, thank you. I plan to outdo myself in 363 days' time.

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa said...

Yes, and whilst his brother mentions what a world class husband* my Jim is, Jim himself forgets that not only is my sister's birthday this month, (the easy one to remember because she shares it with his dad and sister) so are my mom's and my best friend's. So as I reminded him before, when he was complaining about being busy, we actually celebrate 6 important birthdays this month, not 4.

*Not that this means he is anything less than a world class husband. Indeed, in my humble opinion he is the best. He blogs, I remember the little details like birthdays...that is our arrangement.