Jan 1, 2006

you're no help

NetZero offered "HiSpeed 3G" for the same price as regular dialup, and I decided, hey, may as well sign up, since it comes with free antivirus software and I don't mind a yearlong commitment. To my dismay, though, the service--which uses proxies and graphics compression to speed up dialup--doesn't work with Firefox.

Sent a little email question to (free!) tech support:
I switched to HiSpeed 3G not realizing it doesn't work with Firefox. Is compatibility ever going to be available?
... and this was the answer.
Thanks for taking the time to write to us inquiring about the browsers you can use with NetZero HiSpeed 3G.

We understand your concern. Please note NetZero HiSpeed 3G works with Internet Explorer 5.1 and higher. We do not support Firefox or other Web browsers at this time.

I hope you enjoy using NetZero HiSpeed 3G.

Thanks for using Netzero!
"I don't know" or even "Never, sorry" would have been nice. But I can't get angry at NetZero--I'm too happy with their service. That's right, dust off the straightjacket and mop the padded cell--I'm happy with dialup!

No comments: