Jun 14, 2005

stuck in the middle with me

I've begun another project.

I haven't yet finished my research into blogging and defamation law, but that hasn't stopped me from starting something else.

The recent discussion about evolutionary theory and medicine got me thinking--what would real biologists have to say, especially biologists who specialize in evolutionary theory and who have worked on projects related to medicine?

I have contacted several, and so far, two have been gracious enough to send book excerpts and journal articles my way, in hopes that I'll distill them into something both educative and entertaining, perfect for the non-scientist who wonders what evolution has to do with hands-on, practical work.

So, a big shout-out to Dr. Steve Stearns of Yale and Dr. Holly Wichman of U. Idaho. In my experience, scientists are darned friendly and all-too-happy to educate.

More to come.

1 comment:

MT said...

It sounds like you mean to tell us what you have in mind and not be coy, yet I can't figure out what you have in mind or what for, much as it intrigues me. I have my doubts that a scientist plucked at random will deliver you a good spiel on this subject, although the teaching of evolution is such a hot-button issue that the evo-bio folks probably confer about it and have developed a well honed party line. Also, it's not like these people are mathematicians or theoretical physicists. They do have feelings.