Jan 2, 2005

bestest posts of 2004

Here are the posts that made me think in 2004, from the blogs I read nearly every single day.

Mere Orthodoxy
I noticed that all of the most thought-provoking posts were by my brother--no offense to the other bloggers, but he and I naturally lock horns on just about any topic.



Dispatches from the Culture Wars
Ed Brayton loves to deflate stupidity, and there are plenty of stupids to be found online. Some of his better posts, though, aren't as prickly.

Pharyngula
PZ Myers is nothing if not opinionated, warm-hearted, and often quite funny. But he's at his best when in Science Teacher mode.
The Evangelical Outpost
Joe Carter posts more than is humanly possible, but somehow manages to stay interesting. His landmark achievement over the past year has been his Know Your Evangelicals series, a great place to learn about the heterogeneity in Evangelical Christian thought.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you both know that I am proud of both of you and as frustrating as you both are sometimes...you both are definitely thought-provoking :) -Your sister

Matthew Anderson said...

"Your sister"

Which one? : )

Jim Anderson said...

Sad thing is, it could be either of 'em. :)

Anonymous said...

Sure, it could be either of them but in this instance, it's your piano-playing, musical-loving, drama queen sister :)